Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Lessons 26 & 27: Final Thoughts

I am glad that many of the KCLS staff have opted to participate in this program; I feel it will allow us to better serve our patrons and anticipate their future needs. I look forward to being able to incorporate what we have learned into the new KCLS features.

I did enjoy the format of the program, as I prefer to do as I learn, rather than sit and listen. However, I think one of the major flaws of the program was the underestimated amount of time many of the lessons would take. I know that as I helped many of my colleagues, they were weeks behind simply because they could only do one of a multi-part lesson in a week's time.

I hope that in the future, KCLS will utilize similar methods for training. Many things to everyone who put in so much of their time and effort to bring Learning 2.0 to KCLS employees.

No comments: